For over 80 years, Famous Foods has been serving generations of families with wholesome, natural foods! First established in 1930, the store was located on Hastings Street. Since then, the store has moved from Hastings to Commercial Drive, and finally to Kingsway, which has been our home for the past 30 years.
Famous Foods has always been the spot in town to shop for bulk and natural foods such as flours, grains, beans, spices, and herbs. You’ll also find a diverse selection of ethnic foods too!
We’re named ‘Famous Foods’ for a reason! We currently carry over 1000 bulk foods, but we’re not just limited to bulk foods – we’ve got you covered for all your day to day needs including meat, produce, dairy and our large selection of gluten free products and health and beauty section.
Mission & Values
“Big enough to serve you – small enough to know you”
Our slogan truly captures the heart and soul of Famous Foods. We are large enough that we can provide our customers with enough variety and selection to compete with large supermarkets – but we are a community grocer, and we appreciate that we can create relationships with our customers.
We are independently owned and operated, which is also why we are committed to bringing our customers great service, great products, and great company, in a friendly and welcoming environment.
Our mission at Famous Foods is simple –
- To deliver exceptional customer service to our customers. Whether it’s helping you find a product, bagging your groceries, or answering any questions– we want to make your trip to Famous Foods easy and enjoyable.
- To give back to the community. We proudly support our local community by sponsoring local events, and supporting local schools through fundraising and work experience opportunities.
- To practice environmental sustainability within the business. Our current efforts to protect the environment include:
- Recycling Program – We encourage our customers to recycle empty plastic bottles, aluminum cans and glass bottles, which they purchase at the store. To make it easier for you, you can drop off your empty bottles and cans (maximum of 12 at a time) and receive a bottle return refund.
- Proper Food Waste Disposal – All food waste from the Meat, Produce, and Deli departments is disposed separately from non-food waste.
- Reusable Bags – We encourage our customers to bring along reusable grocery bags, but if you forget yours, we have a couple options for you:
- Reusable bags for purchase
- Empty cardboard boxes from the produce department
- Paper bags available in assorted sizes.
- To support local businesses and Canadian made products. As a 100% Canadian owned and operated business, it is important to us to support Canadian or locally made products. You’ll find local brands such as Hippie Foods, Top Tier Foods, Granola King, Happy Water, Vega, Omega Nutrition, Vitality, and more!
- To bring our customers the latest and innovative products. We keep ourselves educated on the latest trends in the food industry, so we work closely with our partners to bring you the latest and in-demand products at affordable prices.