Who’s famous for natural foods in Vancouver? Famous Foods, of course! You won’t find a better selection of wholesome, natural, organic, bulk and specialty foods anywhere.
Serving generation after generation of families in Vancouver, Famous Foods has been around since 1930 and has always been the spot in town to shop for bulk and natural foods such as flours, grains, beans, spices and herbs. You’ll also find a diverse selection of ethnic foods to better serve the community.
Famous Foods carries over 1,000 bulk and natural foods in their Vancouver store. Don’t mistake their enormous bulk food section to mean that’s all they carry though. Your everyday needs are met here as well, including meat, produce, dairy and their large selection of gluten-free, organic, health and natural foods. The Vancouver grocery store caters to shoppers looking for healthy alternatives in their shopping carts.
The Famous Foods slogan is ‘We’re big enough to serve you- small enough to know you’, and they mean it. This slogan captures the heart and soul of Famous Foods. They are large enough that they can provide their customers with enough variety and selection to compete with large supermarkets- but, they are a community grocer, and appreciate that they can create relationships with their customers. Being independently owned and operated enables Famous Foods to stay committed to bringing you great service, great products and great company in a friendly and welcoming environment. They are the natural foods grocery in Vancouver that is able to meet your needs.
The mission at Famous Foods is simple:
- “To deliver exceptional customer service to our customers. Whether it’s helping you find a product, bagging your groceries, or answering any questions– we want to make your trip to Famous Foods easy and enjoyable.
- To give back to the community. We proudly support our local community by sponsoring local events, and supporting local schools through fundraising and work experience opportunities.
- To practice environmental sustainability within the business. Our current efforts to protect the environment include:
- Recycling Program – We encourage our customers to recycle empty plastic bottles, aluminum cans and glass bottles, which they purchase at the store. To make it easier for you, you can drop off your empty bottles and cans (maximum of 12 at a time) and receive a bottle return refund.
- Proper Food Waste Disposal – All food waste from the Meat, Produce, and Deli departments is disposed separately from non-food waste.
- Reusable Bags – We encourage our customers to bring along reusable grocery bags, but if you forget yours, we have a couple options for you:
-Reusable bags for purchase
-Empty cardboard boxes from the produce department
-Paper bags available in assorted sizes.
- To support local businesses and Canadian made products. As a 100% Canadian owned and operated business, it is important to us to support Canadian or locally made products. You’ll find local brands such as Hippie Foods, Top Tier Foods, Granola King, Happy Water, Vega, Omega Nutrition, Vitality, and more!
- To bring our customers the latest and innovative products, including a variety of natural foods in our Vancouver store. We keep ourselves educated on the latest trends in the food industry, so we work closely with our partners to bring you the latest and in-demand products at affordable prices.”
Famous Foods is the bulk, specialty and natural foods grocery in Vancouver that cares about their community- and you. Shop Famous Foods, located at 1595 Kingsway in Vancouver.
Natural Foods Vancouver