Vegan Stir Fry
Written by: Famous Foods | Date: March 10, 2019
This easy healthy asian inspired stir fry makes for a perfect vegetarian Monday dinner for four. It is so simple to make and will help use up all those vegetables that tend to get pushed to the back of fridge! ENJOY!
1. In a sauce pan of boiling water, place one half of a package of vermicelli rice noodles (approx. 125 grams). Cook according to directions located on the back of package. Ideally noodles should be al dente.
2. In a wok or large frying pan on medium high heat, warm up 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
3. Once coconut oil is heated slight, add raw cashews and cook for 2 minutes until brown.
4. Add sliced onion, teriyaki sauce, ginger (for some added ginger taste), and Thai chilli (optional!). Cook until onion are wilted.
5. Add all vegetables to the pan, reduce heat to medium-low, stir and cover with a lid for 5-8 mins until vegetables are half cooked.
6. Once vegetables are ready, carefully combine rice noodles and vegetables. Garnish with cilantro. AND YOU ARE DONE!
- 1 tbsp cooking oil of your choice. We recommend extra virgin coconut oil.
- 1/2 package of vermicelli rice noodles
- 1/2 cup of raw cashews, chopped or whole
- 1/4 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 red Thai chilli, chopped (optional)
- 1 knuckle of ginger (optional)
- 3 tbsp of Naked Coconut Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 2 carrots, julienne sliced
- 1 cup of red cabbage, julienne sliced
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, lightly chopped